Responding to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) as at the 13th March
Our group of churches is responding to the coronavirus situation by making some changes to the services. We have plans to make further changes should the situation escalate. We will communicate these with all parishioners through our usual emails and social media channels, and ensure those who don’t use these channels are kept up to date.
We would urge you to follow government advice and observe good hygiene:
• washing hands regularly using hot soap and water; especially if you’ve been out and about
• if you have to sneeze use a tissue or the crook of your arm if you don’t have a tissue. Dispose of the tissue.
• Avoid shaking hand with people or other contact.
• If you feel ill, call your doctor or 111 and self-isolate as appropriate
We have already made changes to the way we share the peace and communion, and this week the Archbishops have advised that all priests should
• Offer Communion in one kind only to all communicants i.e. the consecrated bread/wafer, with the priest alone taking the wine;
• suspend handshaking or other direct physical contact during the sharing of the peace;
• suspend direct physical contact as part of a blessing or ‘laying on of hands’
• No refreshments will be served after the services.
We would urge you to remain positive, look out for your neighbours. If you know of anyone who needs support please do let us know.
With love and prayers
Jane Manley (Rector)
• Catch it – sneeze into a tissue.
• Bin it – bin the tissue.
• Kill it – wash your hands.
• Do not touch your face unless you’ve washed your hands.