Welcome to St Matthew's Church, Midgham
St Matthew's is the friendly Anglican Church for Midgham Parish. St Matthew's stands on the top of a hill overlooking the Kennet valley. Church services in Midgham date from 1622. From then until 1714 they were performed in a chapel in the park near to the former Midgham House. Mr Benjamin Buck Greene, owner of Midgham House, arranged for construction of the present church which dates from 1869. The architect was John Johnson.
St Matthew's is one of six churches in the Benefice of Aldermaston and Woolhampton. For information about the Benefice, including who's who in the ministry team, Benefice news, services in our other churches, and events and activities, please click here.